P-Town Recap

With my partner, Dennis Niekro (the model for The Snake Charmer) at the Lyman-Eyer Gallery

I had an incredible time during my first visit to Provincetown earlier this month for the opening of my two-person show with Thomas Acevedo at the Lyman-Eyer Gallery. What a wonderful experience! It was an honor to share the space with Tom's beautiful paintings.

With Thomas Acevedo and his paintings at the Lyman-Eyer Gallery

I was really proud to see my "Ringmasters & Fabulous Oddities" series come together, and it was fun to meet and chat with the 200+ visitors to the gallery and hear what paintings were their favorites. As it was Bear Week in Provincetown, The Bear Tamer was particularly popular!

"Ringmasters & Fabulous Oddities" series

I was excited that Brian Williams, the model for The Strong and Silent Type, was able to join us for the trip and be there at the opening.

Brian Williams with The Strong and Silent Type

Also featured in the show on an adjacent wall were some of my other paintings in the Lyman-Eyer collection, including The Dollypop Guild. There were many Dolly Parton fans who enjoyed hearing that Dolly herself has a print of this painting hanging above her make-up stand.

More of my paintings from the show

Jim Lyman, the gallery director, did an incredible job curating the show and he and his partner Mark were fabulous ambassadors for P-Town, filling us in on the must-see places and events. They couldn't have made us feel more welcome. It was also wonderful to see my colleagues from Dreamspinner Press, where I recently started my role as Associate Art Director, who made a special trip to Provincetown for the opening.

We took Jim and Mark's advice and spent the next few days enjoying Provincetown to the fullest, from crossing the never-ending breakwater to partying with the bears at the afternoon Tea Dance. On our last night, we enjoyed a gorgeous sunset cruise. All in all, it was a fantastic, magical, exciting trip. Let's do this again sometime!

Sunset cruise

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shop Indie Online

Saving His Ass Cheesecake Boy Coloring Page