Noah's Gay Wedding Cruise: MarriageEvolved Edition



Several years ago, I painted Noah's Gay Wedding Cruise to express my optimism about the marriage equality movement. I believed we were on the cusp of great progress, and I chose to symbolize our inevitable victory with my own version of the Noah's Ark story. I painted a grand ark/cruise ship filled with happy gay and lesbian animal couples and a few human guests too (like Ellen DeGeneres/Portia de Rossi, and Elton John/David Furnish). There are even some drowning sinners (such as Ann Coulter, Larry Craig, Sally Kern, and Fred Phelps)!

Fast-forward to now. Indeed we have come a long way! Twelve states have legalized gay marriage, and important decisions about DOMA and Proposition 8 are being considered by the Supreme Court. Unfortunately I still live in a state where I am not allowed to get married, but Dennis and I have decided to do it anyway. We are excited to be a part of a special initiative by the group MarriageEvolved called C-Bus of Love. Along with 24 other LGBT couples (who also can't get married in their home states), we will be traveling by bus to Washington D.C. this June to get married on the steps of the U.S. Supreme Court.

In honor of this, I'm releasing a special new print -- Noah's Gay Wedding Cruise: MarriageEvolved Edition.





It's an update of my original painting with the addition of Joshua and Steve Snyder-Hill, the two founders of MarriageEvolved. Steve is the soldier who was booed during the Republican primaries last year after asking a question about Don't Ask, Don't Tell. The incident caused great controversy for the candidates who did nothing to discourage the crowd from booing someone serving their country. I can't imagine the bravery it must have taken to out himself on international television while on active duty. Together, he and Joshua have championed the cause of marriage equality, even fighting DOMA on the national level to establish equality for LGBT military spouses, and they won't rest until everyone in this country who wants to get married will have the right to do so. I'm proud that they are our friends and thrilled to add them to the crew of Noah's Gay Wedding Cruise -- especially since they are the co-captains of our own upcoming wedding excursion!

Here's a close-up of the portrait I painted of Joshua & Steve.


And here's a full-image of the special-edition print.


100% of the profits from the sale of Noah's Gay Wedding Cruise: MarriageEvolved Edition will be donated to MarriageEvolved to help pay for the C-Bus of Love trip and future advocacy work of the organization. It's an important, worthwhile cause and I encourage everyone to show their support by purchasing a limited-edition print today. They are available in three different sizes in my online store HERE.

13" x 11" - $35
20" x 16" - $75
26" x 20" - $150

Visit the C-Bus of Love website to learn more about our upcoming road trip for equality. And check out our wedding bio while you're there!

Comments

Unknown said…
Good post. I like it. It was interesting to read it. Great thank's author for sharing…

writing-essay.org/about-us
Unknown said…
I am very amazed by the data of this weblog and i am glad i
experienced a look more than the blog. thank you so much for sharing
these kinds of excellent information.
Colorado gay

wedding
sorry, I'm a Indonesian gay. 27yo. I worked
At hotel as a kitchen crew. Looking for special friend around in the world, the
same thinking should be faithful in a relationship. I
dont agree with the traditions of free sex. that the
risks of venereal disease. I love mature men. not just that
the old age. but the heart and mind come ripe.
I just an ordinary people.
Indonesia, I live in belitung island. East of sumatera. Any 6flight /day from jakarta.
Belitung is new tourism route in indonesia.
Over all, my contact :
Phone : +6285664600785
Facebook : balaiselatan@gmail.com
BBM : 219ac6dc
Thanks guy...

Popular posts from this blog

Shop Indie Online

Saving His Ass Cheesecake Boy Coloring Page