My Coming Out Story - Weekly Vlog 33 - Paul Richmond Studio



My Coming Out Story - Weekly Vlog 33 - Paul Richmond Studio 


Hey everyone! Today's video deals with a topic that people are always asking about - my coming out story. I think it's cool to hear how different LGBTQ YouTubers made their journeys out of the closet, so I'm adding my own voice to the conversation. I was raised Catholic in a small, conservative part of the Midwest where sexuality was seen in pretty black and white terms. Even though I was confused and questioning from a very early age, I repressed those feelings because I didn't want to be a disappointment to my mom and dad. But I knew I was different, and this is the story of how I grew to accept myself for who I really am. I hope by sharing my story, the experiences I've had and the lessons I've learned will help inspire you to live as authentically as possible. I love you guys!

If you're struggling with how to come out or need support, here are some resources that may help:

The Trevor Project
http://www.thetrevorproject.org/

GSA (Gay-Straight Alliance) Network
https://gsanetwork.org/

GLSEN (Gay, Lesbian, & Straight Education Network)

It Gets Better Project

GLAAD (Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation)

PFLAG (Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays)

HRC (Human Rights Campaign)

Ad Council

---

Check out the book "The O. Henry Prize Stories 2002" referenced in the video. The story that inspired me to come out is called Scordatura by Mark Ray Lewis.


Step into the weird and wonderful world of artist Paul Richmond, where anything could go down -- even a pin-up boy's pants! We're all a little high on paint fumes around here, so grab a brush and join the painting party!

---

Intro animation: donisalexandru

---

Want more?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shop Indie Online

Saving His Ass Cheesecake Boy Coloring Page