Sneak-Peek

I'm working to finish a new piece for the upcoming exhibit "Hollywood D.C: Lights...Camera...Election!" I plan to have it finished this weekend, but I wanted to give you a sneak-peek at one small section of the digital sketch I created as a reference. Who is this, you might ask? Well, although a superhero never reveals his identity, he might if he were vying for the vice presidency! Check back next week (same bat-time, same bat-channel), to see the finished piece, "Batmobama and Robiden." There may even be guest appearances by some notorious villains too!

In the meantime, if you're in or near the LA area, you might want to start making plans to attend the opening on October 23 at 8PM. According to curator Thairin Smothers, "the opening reception will be bigger and better than anything the WOW Storefront Gallery has done to date, with a gala opening reception featuring a red carpet, and step & repeat for celebrity guests. We are also going to announce soon the addition of a certain celebrity host, as well as a fabulous celebrity d.j. for the occasion."

Wow - celebrities galore! Wish I could be there. I will, however, be attending the reception for a similarly-themed exhibit a little closer to home later in the month. The "Art of Politics" group exhibit at the Bar of Modern Art in Columbus, Ohio opens on Oct. 22 from 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm and will feature a giclee print of my "Batmobama and Robiden" piece. A percentage of the proceeds from this exhibit will be donated to Obama's "Campaign for Change," a cause I am honored to lend my work to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shop Indie Online

Saving His Ass Cheesecake Boy Coloring Page